The Bunker Hostel
Starting at ₹3,850 / week
- Pricing Plans
- Cancellation Policy
A space designed by artists, for travelers to make their home in the peaceful valley of Bir-Billing in the Himalayas. And rest assured, we know exactly what you need to make our hostels your home - a refuge while you are on your quest to travel the world. Find your way to us, and we will see to it that you are well taken care of.
Warm and comfy beds, a collection of diverse books to satisfy your soul and our special coffee (handmade with love) will help you feel right at home. Cherry on top, plenty of fellow nomads from around the world you could spend your time with, creating musical magic together or pondering upon the mysteries of the universe.
|Mountain View||WiFi||Garden||Cafe||Pet Friendly|
- Stay for the duration
- WiFi Connection
- Electricity Charges & Power Backup
- Regular Housekeeping
- Any meals
- Laundry Service
|Room Type||30 Days||15 Days||7 Days|
|Bed in Dormitory||₹3,850||₹7,700||₹13,200|
*Note that prices are not applicable from December 20th.
- All the properties would be following the SOPs and guidelines as dictated by WHO to ensure a safe and hygienic stay.
- Contactless Check-In.
- Regular sanitization of the property covering all the touch-points and common areas.
- Your room/dorm would be sanitized twice a week.
- Carry a valid Govt Id along with your address proof( Passport, Aadhar card, Driving License, Voter ID or any other valid ID).
- Download Aarogya Setu application on your mobile device.
- Carry hand sanitizer, N-95 mask and hand gloves.
- For cancellation within one week of arrival, we will not be providing any refunds.
- For cancellation between 7 days and 14 days of arrival, we'll be providing with a 50% refund of the booking amount.
- For cancellation more than 15 days prior to the date of arrival, we'll be providing with a complete refund.
- All booking requests will be confirmed at a 100% advance payment at the time of booking.
- In case the property is not able to host you due to any local or subjective circumstances, we will provide a complete refund or provide you with an alternate.
- Attractions Nearby
- Travel Tips
Bir is a small town located in the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. Bir Billing is a popular destination located in Joginder Nagar valley known for adventures sports such as paragliding, treks and also as the town for meditation. There is an influence of Tibetan culture due to Tibetan community settlement in this town.
Bir is considered as one of the best spots in the world for paragliding. The take-off site is called Billing and the landing site is Bir and the overall altitude change is around 800m. There are some pretty cafe dotting the town serving some delicious food. People can also go for short hikes, visit the monasteries, take a ride in the nearby Jogindernagar-Pathankot Narrow Gauge train or just spend a day at the tea gardens. The town of Bir is also an important centre of spiritual studies and meditation.
- Paragliding in Bir
- Tibetan Colony
- Chokling Monastery
- Dharmalaya Institute
- Gunehar Waterfall
- Sherabling Monastery
- Bir Tea Factory
- Deer Park Institute
- Barot Valley
How to reach?
There is no direct flight or rail connectivity to Bir. The best way to reach Bir is by taking an overnight bus private from Delhi to Bir. Ahju railway station is the nearest railway station, which is only 3 km. away from Bir, although the nearest broad gauge railway station is in Pathankot, which is 142.2 km. away from Bir. Kangra airport in Gaggal, Dharamshala, is the nearest airport, which is 67.6 km. away from Bir but has limited flight connectivity. The Pathankot railway station is connected to the major cities of the country and the Dharamshala airport is connected to Delhi and Kullu. One can take a taxi or a bus from Pathankot to Bir. Other airports close to Bir are in Chandigarh (290 km), Amritsar airport (260 km) and New Delhi (520 km).
When to travel?
The summers during the months of April to June are pleasant. This is the best time to visit Bir. The monsoons receive light to heavy rainfall and might be prone to landslides and winters are harsh with temperatures falling to sub-zero levels. October & November are the ideal months for flying in autumn and March to May i.e. spring is also flyable but conditions are very strong in spring with thermals of 6-12 meters/sec and a cloud base of 4000 to 6000 meters. At an altitude of 5000 feet, Bir Billing almost touches the clouds and is genuinely one of the most stunning places in the north. There are two seasonal times to visit Bir – from March to May and from late September to November.